Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Badger's AMA
Howdy Everyone! We're doing a series of AMA for Sages/Guru/Gurunts over the next few Weeks. We'll be hosting two a Week.

This Week is Taki and Badger.

AMA stand's for Asking Me Anything, which is pretty self-explanatory as to the purpose of this, please keep it nice, y'all and make sure to give sometime for the AMA person to answers the questions and for others to ask as well. 

Badger has volunteered to be the first Sage to have one.

The floor is now opened for questions.
[Image: New_Project.png]
Thanks for letting us ask you questions, B!

What's your secret to success? Does it work irl too or is it just a NS secret?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
You can have any super power in the world, but every super power would also have some with some consequence/condition to it as well. For example, you could fly...but you may have to constantly flap your arms like a bird to be able to lift off which may get tiring after a while and even potentially lead to injury from flapping too much. Likewise, you could be invisible, but only standing perfectly still, to where even moving your finger to scratch your nose or moving your hand to cough would render you visible again.

Knowing that these super powers would have such conditions that downplay their usage, what super power would you choose to have and why? What would be the attached consequences and/or conditions to be able to use this power?
[Image: 20210318-121106.jpg]
(01-05-2021, 01:05 AM)Altino Wrote: Thanks for letting us ask you questions, B!

What's your secret to success? Does it work irl too or is it just a NS secret?

Thanks to Nova and the gang for the opportunity!

My secret to success is to be genuine and true to your character. Work hard to establish who you are going to be and then be them to the extreme. Always be examining yourself. What are your motivations? What are your wants, needs, and desires? What are you willing to do to achieve them. Then go out and be brilliant within that framework.This is advice that I give to young actors. This is how NS should be conducted. This is how I live life.

Having said that, I believe that everyone's success is going to be different based on their own backgrounds and wants, needs and desires; as well as their will to achieve said things.

For me, key to success in NationStates is to remember that the old axiom that life is about relationships. My rise in the game came from establishing relationships through work for the region (TWP). I worked my ass off for the region, harder than anyone else. That is what put me into the limelight. I stayed there because of the relationships I built along the way. I truly believe that this strategy is true in RL as well.
Zen Sage of Karma 
(01-05-2021, 01:14 AM)El Michi Magnifico Wrote: You can have any super power in the world, but every super power would also have some with some consequence/condition to it as well.  For example, you could fly...but you may have to constantly flap your arms like a bird to be able to lift off which may get tiring after a while and even potentially lead to injury from flapping too much.  Likewise, you could be invisible, but only standing perfectly still, to where even moving your finger to scratch your nose or moving your hand to cough would render you visible again.

Knowing that these super powers would have such conditions that downplay their usage, what super power would you choose to have and why?  What would be the attached consequences and/or conditions to be able to use this power?

This is an interesting question. 

I think that I would like to have multiples of me. But in a way where if one did something all would gain from the experience. So I would have a couple of me working high dollar jobs to earn that scratch. One of me would be engaging in frequent exercise. One would read all of the things that I have wanted to read but don't have time for. Another couple could be hiking and fishing around the world. I could pop in between them all. Doing all of the things that I have wanted to do.

I think that a logical drawback would be that no one could get to know me. Or maybe all of them would get super annoyed by something. simultaneously. Whatever the drawback, it would be worth it.
Zen Sage of Karma 
What is your favourite scotch?
What do you think is the best advice a newbie in Karma can hear?
[Image: 885208ba3fa1e07f0285b1300c7f5fa8.png]
Prime Yogi
Former Guru of Diplomacy

Distinctions:
  • Order of the Crane
(01-05-2021, 01:48 AM)Wymondham Wrote: What is your favourite scotch?

I really don't like scotch. 

Gasps

I have had some very high dollar varieties. I find them to be too oaky. It's just not for me. I recently shared a bottle of Macallen 18 with a friend. Which was insanely expensive. Had they not insisted, I would have allowed them to enjoy the entirety of the bottle.

In fact I am not real big into any whisky. I keep them mainly for medicinal purposes. When I get really stressed a glass of Crown or Jack on the rocks with a splash of water really soothes my soul.
Zen Sage of Karma 
(01-05-2021, 02:09 AM)Paulus Wrote: What do you think is the best advice a newbie in Karma can hear?

I think that the best advice would be to find an aspect of NS and Karma in particular that truly interests you or if it doesn't exist in Karma yet, develop it. Then become the best at that aspect that you possibly can. Ask questions to figure out how to do this. Then achieve. Like anything else in life it takes work. So be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get after it. You reap what you sew in the game. So you will experience the rewards if you put in the work!

Don't do NS or Karma just for social reasons. Because then you are just taking from the region. Nobody likes a taker. Provide something to make the game/region a better place. An enormous problem with this game right now, especially in gameplay is that there are too many people only interested in social aspects. Which turns into too many people bitching about stuff or falsely praising people. Instead of actually doing things in the game. Go out and earn yours! Figure out what you want to do and be a master at it. But do something to make the game and our region better.
Zen Sage of Karma 
Why is your stance on the WA the way it is? Is it a joke? A serious grievance? And what improvements do you suggest that could make the WA better in your opinion?
[Image: Sign.png]