Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aegis' AMA
Howdy Everyone! We're doing a series of AMA for Sages/Guru/Gurunts over the next few Weeks. We'll be hosting two every few days.

This Week is Fresh and Peter.

AMA stand's for Asking Me Anything, which is pretty self-explanatory as to the purpose of this, please keep it nice, y'all and make sure to give sometime for the AMA person to answers the questions and for others to ask as well. 

Peter is up so the floor is now opened for questions.
[Image: New_Project.png]
Why are you a tree?
[Image: 885208ba3fa1e07f0285b1300c7f5fa8.png]
Prime Yogi
Former Guru of Diplomacy

Distinctions:
  • Order of the Crane
We haven't talked a lot so there's a lot I want to ask you.
Are you a full-blown tree or just a stick in the mud? What do you enjoy about Karma? What makes you tick (so that I can do it)? What makes you REALLY tick (so that I won't do it)? And most importantly, what's your history with Karma? How did you get to where you are now?
[Image: Sign.png]
Hi Pete!!

What makes Karma stand out to you?
What would you say is your greatest strength? Your greatest weakness?
What is the best part of Karma? The worst part?
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]
Which living person do you most admire?

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

What do you most value in your friends?

Do you know many doctors?
[Image: New_Project.png]
Lots of questions to answer here we go!

Paulus Wrote:Why are you a tree?

What kind of question is this... Why is a human a human? I'm a tree because I am a tree simple as that.
The somewhat more serious and "meta" answer: Because when I joined NS (for this last run) I used baby Groot as my Discord avatar. Certain people called me Petree and so the legend of the Peter who is a tree was born.

Dust Wrote:Are you a full-blown tree or just a stick in the mud?

Full tree. Living tree. More ent-like than tree-like you could say.

Dust Wrote:What do you enjoy about Karma?

Nothing. Y'all make my life miserable.
Alternatively, I enjoy spending time with the friends I have here and the place we've built up. There's really nothing in particular that keeps me around, it's the region as a whole.

Dust Wrote:What makes you tick (so that I can do it)? What makes you REALLY tick (so that I won't do it)?

I assume you mean tick in a bad way for both? If so:
Bad memes and spam.
Also bad memes and spam... And people who don't listen.

Dust Wrote:And most importantly, what's your history with Karma? How did you get to where you are now?

Well... My history with Karma is basically... Karma's entire history. I've been a member and Sage of the region since its creation and I never really left it so the history is shared. That's how I got where I am now too I guess =P
As for a more detailed personal account... I think my history started because for some reason Alti thought it'd be a good idea to make me one of the basically co-founders (that's in essence what the first Sages were)... I still don't really know why. I had some experience in NS, and had stuck around her for a while back then, maybe she just thought "Well if I'm gonna have to deal with him might as well put him to use" <.< Anyway, back in the first version of Karma I was the Sage dedicated to Culture, back when Sages acted as Gurus do nowadays, so that was where most of my work in Karma went, besides general Sage stuff, I've also always been one of the main admin people along with Alti. Then when we went for Karma 2.0 I wasn't really attached to any specific part of the region I just went everywhere that I was needed. Then RP happened, I became Guru of that, tried to help build it up, left it to Lev and Lani, think I was "unattached" again for a bit? Not sure, just know I then ended up as our Culture person again life is a cycle I guess. And now I'm at a stage where I'm looking into rebuilding our Culture department a bit (that's part of why the name change to Culture Club happened) and see what my next step will be after I leave the CC in a good state and good hands.

Takura Wrote:Hi Pete!!

What makes Karma stand out to you?

Hi!

Uhm... Honestly idk for sure. I've been too engrained and involved in Karma since its birth, and haven't spread my wings outside of it that much, so I just can't really see NS without Karma nowadays. I think one of the best things we have might be our community... which is a very cliché answer but if the shoe fits <.<
Karma is quite different from the few other regions I've been in tho, in basically almost every aspect, even Osiris with an Altino Pharaoh. Again I can't really pinpoint what it is, just too deep in the Karma KoolAid... But if I had to guess, I think it'd be a mix of the community, the structure and the culture of Karma.
One of the things I can say is different from what I've seen on NS is that we take quite a few risks in Karma, it's in a way a very experimental region... Which I haven't seen much of, and I think that's kinda expected, 'cause it's the old "don't fix what isn't broken" deal. But when it comes to Karma we don't really care too much for that over here. If we have some crazy idea it ain't the fact that what we've been doing until now works that is really gonna stop us. Something else might cough ironically many times I am that something else cough but the status quo is not what's gonna stop us from trying new and different ideas and things.

Takura Wrote:What would you say is your greatest strength? Your greatest weakness?

Couldn't just... give me easy questions could you? Never been good with this stuff.
My greatest strength... Maybe my resilience? If I really set my mind to something there's not a lot that will actually stop me. Even if all the power I have is "being a nuisance". Althought something getting to that stage is less and less common nowadays so not sure that would be a great candidate for greatest strenght but it is what I can come up with rn so it'll have to do u-u
My greatest weakness... Probably my attachment to people. Not that I regret or plan on changing that part of me, but it is probably still the easiest way to get to me.

Takura Wrote:What is the best part of Karma? The worst part?

For best part again I'd probably end up going with the community.
The worst part... Now that we've got rid of the Karmaphala you mean? jk The work. The tons and tons of work it takes to keep this thing going. Not only the work that is applied but also all the work that needs to be discussed and brainstormed and planned but never makes it out. It's exhausting at times and it is in the end the only thing that really ends up pushing me away from Karma from time to time. But I know it's necessary and I do it out of my love for the region.
Mind you I'm not saying that's specific to Karma, it just is specific to my role in it and that's what gives me the hardest time around here I guess xD

Nova Wrote:Which living person do you most admire?

This is always a hard question for me to answer... And my answer will probably change from time to time because there are a lot of people that I do admire in some way or another, but there isn't really one person that I would look up to above everyone else...
The closest I can give to an answer right now is that at this point in time most of my admiration goes to the many people who are actively fighting in the various frontlines against the rise of far-right ideologies and ideas. (EDIT: And the ones that are not on the rise but already established too)

Nova Wrote:Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

There are probably a few... For expressions: "I don't know." and its variants would make it in... as is probably evidenced by my answers here even. I don't kn... Right... Anyway I'm not sure if there's really any other expression I use that much?
Also... "probably" and "actually" are words I use a lot... again some evidence of that being right here.... and "also" itself, but should we really count that one? That's probably not actually overuse (this sentence may or may not have contributed to me separating "probably" and "actually" into their own spot) "sure" (as it also comes included in "not sure") is likely a good contestant too.
"Anyway" and "Technically" would make it into the list for slightly different reasons... I don't think I use them as much, but they also kinda don't fit in as many occasions as the others... Oh we can add "kinda" here too. 
Then "oop" is probably the least normal/common one that I use a lot.

Nova Wrote:What do you most value in your friends?

The answer for me is once again one of the most basic cliché answers you can get: Respect.
I value respect a lot. I mean normal common respect, not the "I'm better than you so respect me" kind of respect, just the "We are equals, let's respect each other as such" kind of respect.
In my eyes, a friendship is not really a friendship when there is no respect between people. That's just a relationship where a person is using another for whatever reason it is. Mind you I totally think that casually poking fun at each other is absolutely fine, that can be seen as disrespect by some but, for me, bottom line is that if when things get serious (for whatever reason it is) there is no mutual respect then that's not really a relationship I'm gonna fight to keep.

Nova Wrote:Do you know many doctors?

I do actually know a few, but not that many no... Might be the tree thing. Apple a day and all that ya know?
When did you realize Lev and you were clones of the same branch? Do you feel Lani is embarrassed to be de facto related to you by proxy?

If you had 100 million dollars, but had to spend 10% of your earnings each year on any one charity, which would you choose, why?

Do trees get arthritis from scribbling long posts?

If you were King of Karma, what would you do first?

We love you Pete ~<3
Hey Peter. I'm curious about Karma's history so here's some questions.
Are there any people you hold in high regard who were at one point in Karma but not anymore? And why?
Do you have any incident that you consider as your lowest point in Karma? Something that made you inclined to leave, but you didnt?
Who is yout favorite Karman now (other than yourself)?
[Image: Sign.png]
(01-13-2021, 02:35 AM)Jone Wrote: When did you realize Lev and you were clones of the same branch? Do you feel Lani is embarrassed to be de facto related to you by proxy?

We aren't clones of the same branch. He's a clone from one of my branches.
I'm the one who's embarrassed to be related to Lani. To this day I still don't know why Lynxi adopted him.

(01-13-2021, 02:35 AM)Jone Wrote: If you had 100 million dollars, but had to spend 10% of your earnings each year on any one charity, which would you choose, why?

10% of 100 million is a lot, realistically I'd probably split it into more than one charity...
But if I had to go with one my default charity to donate to is MSF...
But again 10 million is a lot, so if I had that amount of money I'd probably create an NGO myself and dedicate that (or more) to it. That way in case there was ever any problem with any response from the org or use of the money (which I think even MSF had not long ago), I would have more power to fix the problems and wouldn't regret investing my money there.

(01-13-2021, 02:35 AM)Jone Wrote: Do trees get arthritis from scribbling long posts?

No, we get something similar, which is artreetis.

(01-13-2021, 02:35 AM)Jone Wrote: If you were King of Karma, what would you do first?

I already am.

(01-13-2021, 02:35 AM)Jone Wrote: We love you Pete ~<3

Feeling isn't mutual <3

(01-13-2021, 02:42 AM)Dust Wrote: Hey Peter. I'm curious about Karma's history so here's some questions.
Are there any people you hold in high regard who were at one point in Karma but not anymore? And why?

Great!
Hmm first depends on what we mean by them not being in Karma. If we mean them not being active or any position of power then for sure there are. For example, Rigel and Halo jump to mind right away. They're still technically in Karma but don't really come around much, but I certainly do hold them in high regard because of all the work they do and the exceptional people they are.
As for people that are not actually in any way in Karma but have at some point been... Uhm... Not particularly I don't think? Most of the people that have been in Karma have stayed, and the few that have not I mean... I guess there are a few that I still deeply respect as people and care for to a degree but I just wouldn't call that holding them in "high regard", more just... in general liking them? Don't know if that made sense. And I like them simply because I like them and they're good people. Anyway, those would be people like Kawaii and Spirit who are the two examples that jump to my head, so if you wanna count that as holding them in high regard sure we can go with that.

(01-13-2021, 02:42 AM)Dust Wrote: Do you have any incident that you consider as your lowest point in Karma? Something that made you inclined to leave, but you didnt?

My lowest points in NS (caused by NS) pretty much happened before Karma so I've always had some sturdy armor here lol And also Karma doesn't really have much in terms of problems so that helps. So in general no there isn't any incidient in the region that I consider my lowest point and pushed me towards leaving.
There was a somewhat recent point in my life (not that recent in NS terms tho) that made me consider quitting NS as a whole but it wasn't anything related to Karma or even NS itself, it was just my personal life.

(01-13-2021, 02:42 AM)Dust Wrote: Who is yout favorite Karman now (other than yourself)?

I wouldn't say myself just so Lev couldn't claim it and pretend I ever meant him.
That aside, very often I say that I do hold favorites, but I clear up that I won't really always rank them or publicly admit to the ranking... And this is a case that calls for that so I'll just give a list of some of my top Karma people:
Fresh, Taki, Kitty, Alti, and Badge.
(In a serious answer Nova and Lev would be included, but a) let's not inflate their egos, b) where's the fun in that?)
If you didn't make the list it's either because I mostly included only people I also like the work they currently do for Karma (as a qualifier for "favorite Karman"), because I like you but not enough to include you here as my favorite, or because I don't care for you/because I dislike you. I will not clarify which category you're in. Personal complaints can be filed with my secretary.
who is your secretary?
and if that position is open may I take it?
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]