Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodhi of Growth - Halo
Welcome, traveler!

The path to Enlightenment begins here, where the Sages will take a day or two to ask questions and get to know you. This will help the region to understand who you are, what drives you, and what you can do. Sages and the Enlightened will ask questions freely as they come to mind, so keep checking back. To follow your Awakening Quest you'll be given a task - called your Bodhi. After its completion, you will ascend to the ranks of the Enlightened and be blessed with the power to know and to do in Karma what the unenlightened cannot.

Your Awakening Quest begins now.

How come you play NationStates? What's the most important personal rule that you follow? If you could take on someone else's personality, who would you want to be?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
What is your favorite animal?
What do you value most in a person?
What do you like most about NS? Karma?
What do you like least about NS? Karma?
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]
What makes a good player?
What is wholesome?
Do you believe in universal rules, applying regardless of circumstance? If so - what would they be?
[Image: 885208ba3fa1e07f0285b1300c7f5fa8.png]
Prime Yogi
Former Guru of Diplomacy

Distinctions:
  • Order of the Crane
How come you play NationStates? What's the most important personal rule that you follow? If you could take on someone else's personality, who would you want to be?

I used to play NS to see how far I could go. Now I play it for two main reasons ... to try to make a unique contribution and to hang out with people I enjoy.
The most important rule I follow (or try to follow) is to love. I know that sounds corny or preachy or something, but it's true and I don't know a cooler way to put it. :-P
I would want to be you, Altino! You're such a nice, caring person, but also charismatic and fun! (...and no I'm not sucking up :-P ).

What is your favorite animal? That's actually a hard question. I like different animals for different things. I guess overall I'd have to say dogs.
What do you value most in a person? I value the most the ability to love and really try to put others first. Understanding is another really important quality.
What do you like most about NS? THe people I've met. Karma? It has some of the best people in NS!
What do you like least about NS? People being jerks usually just to make themselves seem more important ... sigh ... Karma? I'm afraid we've attracted a rather young group of people, which isn't a bad thing at all, but they type so fast! I can't keep up in a Discord conversation most of the time anymore! :-P
Marcarius Halohin
Ascended Sage of Karma
Emperor Emeritus of TWP
Chief Priest of Osiris
Patriarch of Edlhus
What makes a good player? I think someone who has a good grasp of the meta-game, including its mechanics and history, comes up with unique applications or ideas, and tries to include others in their fun makes a good player.
What is wholesome? Wholesome is doing what promotes well-being, I think. Are what you do and say things that build up or tear down? That's the difference between someone who is wholesome and one who is not.
Do you believe in universal rules, applying regardless of circumstance? If so - what would they be? I do for sure. Treat others as you would be treated is the biggest. It isn't original, of course, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is what is most important. Going back to one of my previous answers ... love.
Marcarius Halohin
Ascended Sage of Karma
Emperor Emeritus of TWP
Chief Priest of Osiris
Patriarch of Edlhus
I want to add one more thing I like about Karma ... I really LOVE the structure!!!
The whole path of enlightenment, bodhi, etc. is genius! Very unique and really prepares members for regional participation!
Marcarius Halohin
Ascended Sage of Karma
Emperor Emeritus of TWP
Chief Priest of Osiris
Patriarch of Edlhus
Hi, Halo! Good to see you on your way to enlightenment. Here are my questions:

Do think it's better to be super strong or super smart?
What's your favorite snack?
What do you think a successful life is?
and finally,
Do you prefer to watch a movie, or read a book?
Tireded
Thank you, Tireded!

Do think it's better to be super strong or super smart? In our world, I think it's much better to be super smart. There isn't much use for cavemen these days. :-P
What's your favorite snack? Ooo! Cupcakes with thick frosting are great! I also like Chex Mix. Pears are a great healthy snack!
What do you think a successful life is? A successful life is fulfilling your purpose, whatever that might be. If you leave this world having loved as best as you could most of the time, I think you've done a good job.
and finally,
Do you prefer to watch a movie, or read a book? I LOVE a good book, but I rarely have time to read except on vacations. Movies are easier to fit in and more social.
Marcarius Halohin
Ascended Sage of Karma
Emperor Emeritus of TWP
Chief Priest of Osiris
Patriarch of Edlhus
A special hello to you *~* ASPIRING APPLICANT #H4L0*~*, and thank you for taking interest in project E.N.L.I.G.H.T.E.N.M.E.N.T.  We here in this program have prepared a set of individual questions based on certain aspects of you.

1. Do you agree with the statement "If you liked it you shoulda put a ring on it?"
2. Are you a golden halo, or do you prefer a different color?
3. Do halos serve a real moral purpose, or do they just look really cool floating above someone's head?
4. Considering Plumbobs (emerald diamond objects) also float above someone's head, are they related to halos?
5. Speaking of plumbobs, are you a gamer at all? And more specifically, have you ever played the Sims?

1. What is a motto or a quote that you live by?
2. Imagine that finances, time, and distance weren't an issue, what would be your ideal day if you had no limits on what you could do/where you could go?
3. What are some of your biggest pet peeves?
4. What are some of your best traits?
5. Are there any aspects of yourself you feel need improvement?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions *~* ASPIRING APPLICANT #H4L0*~*.

This message was auto-generated by the Moderately Intuitive and Collectively Harmless Intellectual unit, or M.I.C.H.I.
[Image: 20210318-121106.jpg]
Your set of redacted questions were terrific! LOL!
1. What is a motto or a quote that you live by? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is one that I try to live by ... failing too frequently, unfortunately.
2. Imagine that finances, time, and distance weren't an issue, what would be your ideal day if you had no limits on what you could do/where you could go? I love travel. I think a round-the-world cruise in a nice suite with my wife and kids would be perfect.
3. What are some of your biggest pet peeves? Hmmm ... I don't like swearing. I also don't like when someone follows the crowd on something without checking into it themselves.
4. What are some of your best traits? I think I am kind, empathetic, and caring. I try to listen. I have a good imagination. I guess I'm reasonably intelligent.
5. Are there any aspects of yourself you feel need improvement? Oh! Lots! I am such a loser when it comes to keeping aware of popular culture, so I am sooooo boring a lot of the time ... especially if I'm in a group that I don't know well. I'm forgetful, often too self-absorbed, often too prideful ...and in need of improvement in many other areas, I'm sure!
Marcarius Halohin
Ascended Sage of Karma
Emperor Emeritus of TWP
Chief Priest of Osiris
Patriarch of Edlhus