Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodhi of the Future - Aphras
What is your nation in Karma?: Moraxia
What are you known by on Discord?: Aphras#3524
Who has agreed to Sponsor you? Takura!
Why do you want to become Enlightened? A number of reasons. For one, being able to exercise my creativity for the purpose of this Bodhi is something that would be for the better for myself. It would also just be wonderful to be a part of something more for the region, and being able to participate and vote in the Sangha is something that I also think I could contribute towards. 
What do you hope to achieve in Karma? Help out with the departments that I am in, continue making friends here, and contributing to the community in whatever way I can. 
What do you feel that Karma has to offer you? Karma offers a wonderful and diverse community that I can talk to about pretty much anything, ranging from politics, personal issues, or even just random silly stuff. I can safely say that it has brought me a lot of joy. 
Anything else you'd like to add? How many Karma colonies now? 
As Aph's sponsor, I second his statements :)

I think he'll do well.
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]
Welcome, traveler!

The path to Enlightenment begins here, where the Sages will take a day or two to ask questions and get to know you. This will help the region to understand who you are, what drives you, and what you can do. Sages and the Enlightened will ask questions freely as they come to mind, so keep checking back. To follow your Awakening Quest you'll be given a task - called your Bodhi. After its completion, you will ascend to the ranks of the Enlightened and be blessed with the power to know and to do in Karma what the unenlightened cannot.

Your Awakening Quest begins now.

To begin, tell us about why you have decided to embark on an Awakening Quest? Do you have any great plans for Karma or for your own future in the region? What's the dream?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
Just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your Path and Bodhi Aphras!
[Image: New_Project.png]
Congrats on your Path Aphras!! I look forward to seeing your answers! I hope you enjoy this experience, and thank you for being willing to test out our forums for us as well :)

What movement (post WWII) has most influenced your life?
Who do you draw inspiration from?
What is your favorite flower and why?
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]
How focused are you on functionality? If not very, what is your heaviest focus generally speaking?
(10-22-2020, 07:39 AM)Altino Wrote: To begin, tell us about why you have decided to embark on an Awakening Quest? Do you have any great plans for Karma or for your own future in the region? What's the dream?

I have wanted to be a part of something more here in Karma for a while, and Takura can vouch for it in that I asked about it some time ago. I feel like I can definitely help contribute to the region here, not only with my continued participation, but I also look forward to participating in the Sangha with the others there too, and whatever else I can do as well. And of course in regards to my region, we are always looking for greater things there! I have been spearheading a lot of changes there in the last few months, and we are always looking for refinement and growth in whatever way we can. The dream ideally with that is to become a much larger region with more active RPers, but we understand that it will take time, dedication, and effort, and I will happily provide all of that for my own region and here.

(10-22-2020, 07:49 AM)Takura Wrote: What movement (post WWII) has most influenced your life?
Who do you draw inspiration from?
What is your favorite flower and why?

Which movement has most influenced my life? This could be a few of them. The overall technological movement that has been ongoing for decades has clearly influenced all of us, but it is insane to consider how much things have changed since I've grown up and how many more things they are nowadays comparatively (this makes me sound like an old man, but time is insane). Another thing that has definitely influenced me as well is the revolt of the Baltic states in the late 1980s. The fact that millions of people can gather together from multiple different countries and ethnicities can gather together to rise up against their oppressors in such a peaceful manner is mind-blowing. The concept of forming a million-man human chain across hundreds of miles is probably one of the most inspiring things in recent human history.

I draw inspiration from a number of people. My father (common, I know), has helped me to be curious, hard-working, receptive to others, and a lot of other qualities that have not only helped me here, but in life. My history teacher from high school also provides a good deal of inspiration to me, as his complete and utter passion for the subject really left an impression on me even to this day, and it has allowed me to appreciate the topic a lot more as well as realizing that passion for a topic or subject is not something to be embarrassed about, but something to enjoy and love.

My favorite flower? Irises! They are so colorful and beautiful (the name is literally Greek for rainbow, so it kinda fits), but especially the dark blue ones are just so pretty to look at. There aren't too many of them out here, but they are always great to admire and hold in your hands.
(10-22-2020, 07:49 AM)Larioth Wrote: How focused are you on functionality? If not very, what is your heaviest focus generally speaking?

Functionality is very important to me. I've never been the kind of person that has focused much on aesthetics or form necessarily, so generally in things where I can choose function over form, I will 99% of the time pick function. This applies to a lot of different things, which includes my own region, which has been traditionally somewhat bare bones in terms of looks and style (which is admittedly something that I have been trying to work on, but progress still needs to be made), but has had a solid foundation and function for over 6 years running now. This applies to my own roleplaying in my region, how I view politics, or even how I think about things, where I often focus on the direct result of something and not usually what I consider to be frivolous or inconsequential ideas or results.
[Image: JTZizqF.png]
On a scale of 0 to -10, how much do you hate summer, and why is it -10?
What's an action or something that you hate absurdly for no given reason... other than Nova's signature?
[Image: 9k.png]
Nova's signature is amazing. :(

When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?
If you could secretly change one thing in your life and everyone would just always think it had been that way, what would you change?
What are your feelings on limes and lime flavored things?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
Who is best pony?
What fictional universe would you most like to reside in?
Is cold cereal a form of noodle soup?