Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodhi of the Wolf - Michi
Welcome, traveler!

The path to Enlightenment begins here, where the Sages will take a day or two to ask questions and get to know you. This will help the region to understand who you are, what drives you, and what you can do. Sages and the Enlightened will ask questions freely as they come to mind, so keep checking back. To follow your Awakening Quest you'll be given a task - called your Bodhi. After its completion, you will ascend to the ranks of the Enlightened and be blessed with the power to know and to do in Karma what the unenlightened cannot.

Your Awakening Quest begins now.

To begin, tell us about why you have decided to embark on an Awakening Quest? Do you have any great plans for Karma or for your own future in the region? What's the dream?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
Congratulations on beginning your path Michi  derpy

Why Putin on a Ritz? I think it is fabulous, but I was just curious.
You told the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise quite well on the RMB and I must say I throughly enjoyed it. Do you enjoy making stuff like that? What are some other spinoffs you’re proud of, if any?
What is your favorite fictional universe? Why’s that?
(10-26-2020, 05:10 AM)Altino Wrote: Welcome, traveler!

The path to Enlightenment begins here, where the Sages will take a day or two to ask questions and get to know you. This will help the region to understand who you are, what drives you, and what you can do. Sages and the Enlightened will ask questions freely as they come to mind, so keep checking back. To follow your Awakening Quest you'll be given a task - called your Bodhi. After its completion, you will ascend to the ranks of the Enlightened and be blessed with the power to know and to do in Karma what the unenlightened cannot.

Your Awakening Quest begins now.

To begin, tell us about why you have decided to embark on an Awakening Quest? Do you have any great plans for Karma or for your own future in the region? What's the dream?

Glad to be here Bob Alti!

Also:

I've been here for a while (hard to believe it's already been a few months already!), and I've really enjoyed getting to know the region and everyone in it.  I always was considering taking this path for quite some time because I wanted to get even more involved with the region and the idea of becoming enlightened sounded pretty neat...but I waited a while until I'd gotten to know the region a bit and was sure that I wanted to actually stay here for a good while.

I wanted to embark on the quest because I just like the idea of becoming as involved as I can with the region.  It has a lot of excellent values which I admire, and just really appreciate the vibes that are here and just how open and freeing it can be.  With all of the good that it's done for me and I'm sure others as well, I want to be a part of being able to give back in more ways than just writing articles or jabbing away about Nationstates stuff and welcoming new members.  There's always more to jump into, and I want to dive in as deep as possible.

I don't exactly have any great or big plans for the region at the moment, but as far as my own future...I want to shoot for the stars in the region, and one day become a Yogi, Guru, or even Sage.  I plan on being in Karma for a good long time, and I just really want to establish some roots and grow as a person and at the same time, as I said, just shoot for the stars.

Ideally, my dream would be to see Karma continue it's path and to be one of the people responsible for helping really create that vibe.  Ideally I'd want to create more games that people can play, maybe even find ways to incorporate a favorite of mine, Werewolf, into the region to really strengthen those bonds of friendship since I've found that games are such an excellent way to bring people together...even a game of paranoia and suspicion like Werewolf.  I feel like this region can allow me to really flex and exercise those creative muscles, and I'd like to find more ways to be able to do that.

Quote:Congratulations on beginning your path Michi  [Image: blobderpy.png]

Why Putin on a Ritz? I think it is fabulous, but I was just curious.
You told the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise quite well on the RMB and I must say I throughly enjoyed it. Do you enjoy making stuff like that? What are some other spinoffs you’re proud of, if any?
What is your favorite fictional universe? Why’s that?

Hi Lari, and thanks!

In all honesty, it came up because of all of those Elf on a Shelf memes.  Someone on a different server did one about JK Rowling, and that made me think of all of the different ones.  Out of nowhere, that Puttin on the Ritz song started playing in my head, except the chorus came out "Putin on the Ritz" and I found out that someone on Youtube actually had made that a legit parody of it.

Unfortunately, Putin on the Ritz was taken already on NS, but Putin on a Ritz wasn't.  So I made a flag for the lolz, and the rest is history.

Funny enough, I don't usually enjoy the rhyming stuff unless it's for the lolz or for a poem for class or something.  I actually never really heard the tales of Darth Plagueis the Wise, but it was such a cliche thing that some friends of mine in another server would bring up because they're such Star Wars geeks.  But I do greatly enjoy making up stuff like that whether it be in fun nature like that, or more serious tone.

Some spinoffs I'm particularly proud of are actually some past Werewolf games I hosted in some regions.  One was part of the Until Dawn universe where it was another group in the cabin in the woods living that same horror-filled type of night.  While the story was somewhat basic and not my best, what made me particularly proud was that the game itself was 100 pages long...which is really no small feat. 

The second was a christmas themed Star Wars-type parody one that I hosted where the Jedi were the "bad" guys and the Sith were "good."  In other words, the biggest goal of this reverse-Sith (aka the Jolli) was to return the universe to a peaceful calm, and the goal of the reverse-Jedi (aka the Joyeux) in which the players were a part of was to destroy the Jolli and cover the universe in eternal darkness.

It was a fun game and one I was proud of because I really got to flex some creative muscle in both how the game played (since it was a Choose Your Own Adventure type where the players had control of how things including the very theme of the game went), and how the story went.

The final one was a game I ran for 10000 called General Mountain Rescue (though not a spinoff, more original).  Like the previous two games, it was a Choose Your Own Adventure-type where the players decided the theme and whatnot right in signups...and the winning theme was a modern dramatic story that took place in the mountains.  So the game ended up being a "Hallmark" movie type of theme with soap opera vibes where the acting was horribly cheesy and there were terrible reveals/plot twists.  The game wasn't horribly long since the player count was pretty average, but I had such a great time writing up the screenplay for it.  And for a game that was made on the fly and having never written a soapy-drama type of story, I'm really proud of how it turned out.

Edit: I got so caught up in that I forgot the third question! D:

My favorite fictional universe...ho boy that's a tough one.  I'd say it'd have to be a tie between a few:

*Kingdom Hearts: Because its such a big and always growing universe with so many unique places.  I mean in the past games alone, we've seen so many various areas such as worlds with mermaids, a world with pirates, a world that has eternal halloween on one side and christmas on the other, and whatnot.  Sure, for us it's all just fun Disney properties that we geek out about because...well, Disney!  But the other side of that is that there's just so much variety and so many worlds with various types of life that it'd never get dull there.  At the same time, you have keyblade wielders, people that can use magic, and the concept of light, darkness, and even Nothing are much more of a reality as opposed to ideas.  The downside is that those dark/nothing forces can devastate those worlds and even consume/destroy them.  But an upside is that the power of light/friendship is such a strong concept that the dark/nothing forces could be dispelled within a year at most.

*Fantasia/Fantastica or Oz: While both of these are singular worlds, they're also two that are always changing.  Fantasia/Fantastica because of Auryn and wishes made on it as well as people who read, and Oz just based on time...even though time seems to be more unique there compared to say, our world (since between Return to Oz and the OG movie, we see how quickly Oz has changed...similar to how quickly Narnia changes within short times in our world).  The downside to Oz is that there seems to always be some kind of war happening or evil entity (such as the Wicked Witch) taking over, so Oz is always suffering in some way or another.  Likewise, the downside to Fantasia/Fantastica is that people in our world forgetting books causes that world to literally turn to nothing right in front of their eyes to where it's made words in the book itself disappear, and people that once existed suddenly don't.  It'd be a terrifying thought that the world could literally turn to nothing at any point if people stopped reading.

*Wonderland: Before you ask, no I don't mean Lewis Carroll's version.  The Wonderland I speak of is more based on the Looking Glass Wars series, where your own imagination can be a powerful weapon.  The world of Wonderland in those stories is such an epic and exciting place that I'd really love to at least visit.  Between some of the absolutely beautiful sights such as the Chessboard Dessert and the Heart Palace...heck, even the city itself in Wonderland before Queen Redd's takeover sounds like an absolutely gorgeous place.  The downside of course is that Queen Redd is an extremely frightening person, and her takeover in the books is absolutely no joke.  She's exceptionally clever and much more ruthless than the Queen of Hearts that she's based on.  If she were to ever surface, it'd be an outright nightmare in a similar way that Voldemort taking over in book 7 of Harry Potter would have been frightening: unless you were a supporter, you'd either end up dead or wishing you were.
[Image: 20210318-121106.jpg]
You've been on NS for years now; what keeps you interested in the game?
Following up on that, what's your favorite thing about NS?
Do you have a favorite day?
What's your magic number?
Thoughts on Nova's signature?
[Image: 9k.png]
(10-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Lev Calxur Wrote: You've been on NS for years now; what keeps you interested in the game?
Following up on that, what's your favorite thing about NS?
Do you have a favorite day?
What's your magic number?
Thoughts on Nova's signature?

A few things, actually.   One of the main ones is the people though, since I've met some great people in my time on NS, especially when I resurfaced in 2013 and joined my first actual region and got involved (10000 Islands).  Once I got to that level of involvement, even if I got tired of the NS site, I was hooked on the other aspects since I really enjoyed the people that I met and got to know over the years in the various regions I went to.

Another is watching NS' evolution as time went by.  I remember a time when it was legit just a site about joining a region and answering issues, and when the site was still in its basic stages.  Watching it evolve from a simple site that got C&Ded by the UN for using their name for their now WA section to what it is today has been a real treat.  It's really aged like a fine wine, and now all of these features it has are ones that I think people take for granted without realizing the journey Max Barry and his team went on throughout those years...especially given the fact that the site was originally just something to prop up his Jennifer Government book.

I'd also say that's my favorite thing about NS...how it has continuously evolved and grown compared to when I first started back in 04. Despite how much I don't really use the site as much outside of nation maintenance (and the occasional RMB posts), I really love watching to see what route it'll go next. Ngl, at one point when they did the Handheld Nationstates April Fools Prank, I legit saw that being a viable way it could go especially with cell phones becoming more and more unique and like pocket computers...and sure enough, Nationstates can be viewed on mobile devices now! Now I'm just waiting for an actual mobile version to hit the Google Play/Apple stores (though there is the unofficial Stately app).

Saturdays are usually my favorite day when I'm on a work schedule, because it's always the nice day off without worrying about work the next day.

I don't have a specific favorite number, though I've considered 14 to be a lucky number for me.

It's...well it's certainly one I would have pegged for Nova.  It's also certainly creative and well made, so I'll give it that as well.
What drew you to Karma?
Eternal day or eternal night?
If you could go to one historic moment in the past, what would it be and why?
Sha Sage

Former Prime Guru
Former Guru of The Ministry
Former Guru of The Chameleons

[Image: Signature.png]
(10-28-2020, 07:15 AM)Takura Wrote: What drew you to Karma?
Eternal day or eternal night?
If you could go to one historic moment in the past, what would it be and why?

Soup, actually.  We were both in Ascenthia at the time, Soup as an ambassador from here, and I was there establishing relations for Wintreath.  I greatly appreciated Soup's energy and enthusiasm, and they talked about Karma a bit and I decided to check it out for myself and see what it was about.

Eternal night, so long as there's plenty of lighting and it's not actually eternal darkness.  As much as I do like the day time, I tend to be much more awake and ready to go during night than day.

The historical question is always a tricky one.  There's actually a couple that I'd have to decide upon:

1) The last day(s) of Jesus Christ so I could see for myself what his last moments were like, and I could see his last day and how events actually went...rather than having to rely on faith and speculation.  It's sad to say that I'd strictly be there as an observer so I could gain knowledge/insight, rather than trying to save him and changing the course of destiny/fate for both him and the ripple effect it has for the entire world.

2) The Renaissance, so I could be there and experience what were considered some of the greatest years for art, seeing some of the marvels of Leonardo Da Vinci in person as they're being created.
Hello there, congratulations on your path <3

What is your greatest strength?
Weakness?
If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?
[Image: signature.png]
(10-29-2020, 11:02 AM)FreshStep Wrote: Hello there, congratulations on your path <3

What is your greatest strength?
Weakness?
If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?

Thanks Fresh! <3

I'd say I probably have 2 things that I'd consider my greatest strengths: My patience and imagination...which in turn has helped shape other parts of my overall personality.

Weakness, I can be pretty hard on myself if something doesn't go my way or if I feel someone pulling away from me, if I get overlooked for work I do, etc... it can usually put me in a bit of depression, though thankfully I tend to bounce out of it super quick.

For a newborn baby, I'd instill the advice that Cinderella's mother gave her in the live action adaption: Have courage, and be kind.  The world may get rough, and difficult, and may sometimes even feel impossible.  But no matter what, persevere because you have people that love you, and never lose that kindness no matter how people may try to verbally or physically beat it out of you.  But most importantly, never give up when the going gets rough, and overcome any obstacles that come your way...because it'll make you stronger in the end.
Do you have any hobbies/talents, what are they?
When did you get associated with penguins again?
How lame are you?
[Image: 9k.png]