Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodhi of the Ravaging Sea - Seas
Welcome, traveler!

The path to Enlightenment begins here, where the Sages and Enlightened will take a day or two to ask questions and get to know you. This will help the region to understand who you are, what drives you, and what you can do. Sages and the Enlightened will ask questions freely as they come to mind, so keep checking back. To follow your Awakening Quest you'll be given a task - called your Bodhi. After its completion, you will ascend to the ranks of the Enlightened and be blessed with the power to know and to do in Karma what the unenlightened cannot.

Your Awakening Quest begins now.

To begin, tell us about why you have decided to embark on an Awakening Quest? Do you have any great plans for Karma or for your own future in the region? What's the dream?
[Image: 9k.png]
What's the dream? I can't say I really have one. I just know I like the tack I'm on, and I want to continue on it. Sometimes if you just focus on the now, you'll realize you're already living the dream.

Why do I go on this quest, this adventure, this voyage? I like Karma, and if I complete this then maybe I'll realize Karma likes me. And if that's true then I know I want to be here and be a part of Karma's quest.

Plans? Maybe. I might want to do something with the Karmada, get it back out of hibernation. But I know I want to do something to get me known, not famous, not to get me NS clout, just to do something that makes an impact on this community.
What is your biggest fear?
What's your proudest accomplishment?
What's something you'd change about yourself if you could?
Got any pet peeves?
[Image: signature.png]
For the record, Seas, to me it feels like you've always been here. You're on my team now and I trust you and have your back. :)

What's your favorite color?
We do Chameleon of the Week, who do you think should be Karman of the week and why?
What's something that you would change about Karma?
What makes you different from the people around you?
Altino Asteorra
Zai Sage of Karma | Hasal-Pharaoh of Osiris

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes. ☮
My biggest fear? Huh, that's kinda hard. I have anxiety, so a lot of things can feel scary to me, but other times when I'm in my element things are scary to other people and I'm just like "pfffft, this is fun." But anyway, my biggest fear is probably living for eternity. Just think about it for a second and you'll see how damn scary eternity is.

My proudest accomplishment? I don't really know. I haven't done enough yet, I haven't had enough opportunities. I'd just say I'm proud of the way I'm navigating my life right now, hopefully that will pay off and bring me to something I can be really proud of.

What would I change about myself? See answer one, anxiety.

Any pet peeves? Yeah, movies that don't do their research and get all the scientific and geographical details wrong. I have more, but they're not big enough that I can remember them right now.
(08-22-2021, 04:57 AM)Altino Wrote: For the record, Seas, to me it feels like you've always been here. You're on my team now and I trust you and have your back. :)

What's your favorite color?
We do Chameleon of the Week, who do you think should be Karman of the week and why?
What's something that you would change about Karma?
What makes you different from the people around you?

My favorite color I thought would be obvious, a cold North Atlantic ocean bluish green. 

Me, obviously, for winning the flag competition Lev, for organizing that game night that was really fun, or was that not this week? What day is it? Either way thank you Lev.

What would I change? I don't really know. Not much, for sure. Maybe add in a pinch of some more democracy, just to liven things up. But I know that can go downhill fast.

Now, I wouldn't call myself counter-culture, but I definitely don't stick with the main stream. I've always walked the line between the cool kids and the nerds. I like to think I'm a jack of all trades and master of none, and that I have my own ways and tastes different from the majority.
How did you come by the name/nickname "Seas"? Is there a story there?

What's your favorite boat built between 1994 and 2006?

Would you describe yourself as a creative person?

You're a sea - how high is your salinity level?
BBR/Dixie.

It's short for Big Bad Redneck. Obviously.

Whatever it was, I plead the twenty-first
(08-23-2021, 11:36 PM)Dixie Wrote: How did you come by the name/nickname "Seas"? Is there a story there?

What's your favorite boat built between 1994 and 2006?

Would you describe yourself as a creative person?

You're a sea - how high is your salinity level?

My nickname is rather simple. My NS nation name is Seven Seas, which is too long for lazy people to type, so they shortened it to SS (this was in my old region). Of course I couldn't go around being know as SS, seeing as that name conjured up images of crazy German men in black uniforms doing bad things. So once someone called me Seas I just stuck with that name for lack of a better option. (But it's good for puns, so there's that)

Wellllll, my favorite boats are old boats. But personally, my favorite boat would be our 20' Zodiac (built around 2000 iirc) called 'The Pearl' (which we've painted black and looks really cool), since it's the boat I take out a bunch and learned on. 

I'd say I'm more right-brained and more creative than analytical. But I'm definitely no artist. 

I'm not actually, in fact, a sea. I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but for legal reasons I must disclose that I am, in fact, a human. However , I think I have a bit more saltwater in my veins than most people.
Well, you have answered my question about your name and also given me another question to ask: How'd you come by the Seven Seas nation name? What inspired that?

Do you own any silly captain's hats?

If not, why on earth not? If so, tell me about them.

Do you have a favorite work of fiction? If so, what is it?

You've mentioned that you go boating; about how often are you lucky enough to pull such off?
BBR/Dixie.

It's short for Big Bad Redneck. Obviously.

Whatever it was, I plead the twenty-first
Which is your favorite sea, and why?

If you could go back to any nautical time and be an adventurer, which would you go to?

Have you ever taken part in a cleanup after ocean tanker spills?

If you could make a boat without physical limitations what kind of boat would you design?